Thursday, January 11, 2018

Deadlest Sins



Image result for seven deadly sins



I've moved so much as a child that I've been in and out of so many different churches. Recently, my boyfriend's father told us, everything that we were taught as children are faded off parts of the real story of how the bible came to be. I'll admit, that much is a given seeing how the Bible is what, a hundreds of years old. Sadly, I'm scared to say what that really means is, I don’t know anything. The most I can do is stick to what I do know because all God’s children sin. Even though we sin, that doesn’t knock us off balance on the scale of good and evil, or right and wrong. It’s in our human nature. Some more than others, but I have to say that I have experienced some of the worst of what's considered to be the seven deadliest sins.........

1. Lust - Strong sexual desire.

2. Envy - Feeling of discontented or resentful.

3. Vanity (Pride) - Feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one’s own achievements.

4. Wrath (Anger) - Strong feelings of annoyance, displeasure or hostility.

5.  Sloth - Reluctance to work or make an effort, laziness.

6. Gluttony- habitual greed or excess in eating.

7. Avarice (Greed) - Intense and selfish desire for something (wealth, power, or food).

Seven deadly sins. (2017, October 23). Retrieved October 24, 2017, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

No comments:

Post a Comment