Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Is Curiosity a Disease?





  An author by the name William Eamon wrote an  article called, "The Disease Called Curiosity". If you look above, or how you simply manage to find my blog in the first place, you will notice that Curiosity is kind of what it's all about and of course a few confessions here and there.
       
       The human mind is such an amazing thing and human topics/ opinions just amaze me. I seen it and just had to read the whole article on well.... my mind. l.o.l I'll admit that I had to reread the article a few time to understand where he was going with the topic. Mr. Eamon explains that a man named Augustine says, "Curiosity is a sin in 3 different ways lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and ambition of the world. (Eamon 2010)" Just from reading that far I'm like ok its official we all suffer from the disease. You see your spouse or someone you want as a spouse and the idea to be near/ touch them crosses your mind. The fact you cant take your mind off of something you find beautiful. The fact you have to know more about a topic or study a topic. The list could go on for days on ways a person could fall into those three categories. So I had to know what he was talking about. Could it be really possible that so many inventors, reporters, and authors all have a disease simply because they want to know more?

   "Without curiosity, there can be no scientific discovery, and without discovery, there can be no knowledge. (Eamon 2010)" Over time we as people evolve and our ways of thinking change for the better. It's safe to say that the author simply wanted to express the history of "Curiosity" rather than actually believing that someone like me has a disease and needs medication to check my want for more knowledge.

    After reading the article I wanted to know more about what this authors style of writing and his interest and as it turns out I was correct. Most of the articles and books I came across were all on how the older days functioned. Something about the early modern days of Europe, Renaissance Italy held his interest long enough to write a few books on the topic.







The Disease Called Curiosity | The Official Website of Author William Eamon. (n.d.). Retrieved November 07, 2017, from http://williameamon.com/?p=185

No comments:

Post a Comment