Wednesday, June 6, 2018

ENVY

Image result for seven deadly sins
 Envy - Feeling of discontented or resentful.

You all know MK right? Michael Kors, which happens to be one of the more affordable brands that girls wear nowadays. The company hit a net worth of 1 billion dollars in 2016, so that should give you an idea of much the average female liked the brand back then. For a year I hated the very thought of that brand. Not because it was ugly or that the designer was just out of control or anything you would think of. Sadly to admit but I didn't like the brand simple because after me and my boyfriend broke up after a year of being together he bought a MK watch for his new girlfriend. 
Even thought we weren't together we were still hanging on down some dirt roads and when Christmas time came around he pasted me a watch. I’ll admit that I had no idea who MK was or anything and the watch was completely ugly to me. I asked him who was MK and if she was into big bulky watches. Yes I was being what some would call a hater but what you expect he just pasted me a Christmas gift for my replacement basically that was pricing out online to be more than any single item he has ever bought me. He was looking at me crazy just because I didn't know the name/ brand so I looked it up and much to my surprise the purses were so beautiful. I never even looked into the watches because I was instantly hurt by the fact all these handbags were $400 plus. Here I was sitting in the car with someone that wouldn't even consider buying me something $100 just bought his girlfriend of a week a freaking expensive watch. I mean I was soooo hurt and angry like I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that within a week of being with her he had deemed her worthy of breaking a bill for. What was it that made her better than me? What did she do or how did she make him feel, that I was so much better than me?
I hated that brand after that and didn't like for any of my girls to have anything with that name on it. The brand was a reminder of what I lacked, an anchor to my pain. Every time I would come across it I would be discussed and annoyed. I wanted to be that girl that a guy spent that kind of money on. I wanted to be that girl that a guy went out of his way to buy something special for.
After a year went by I got my hands on that watch again due to the girl breaking up with him and leaving it behind. While driving down the highway at a good 80 mph I threw the watch out the window. Funny thing though is later I found out that the watch was fake and that he didn't even break a $20 on that watch. It wasn't long after I found out the truth that the watch really was fake and that I was I able to admit to myself and everyone else that the Brand had really cute purses. Who knows why none of my girls had MK back then but, they rocking them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment